The Western Cape Archery Federation (WCAF), in association with the South African National Archery Federation (SANAA), will be hosting a World Archery Level One coaching course at Protea Archery Club on the 6th and 7th of January 2024. The course will commence at 9 am on the Saturday and will cover mainly course work, which will be followed by a practical and assessment component on the Sunday. Further details will be shared with those who have registered for the course.Cost per attendee is R350.
The WCAF hereby invites clubs to send non-accredited coaches to attend the course.
Please note the following requirements for eligibility to attend the course:
- The coach must be of a minimum age of 18 years
- The coach must have at least one year of experience of shooting with a bow
- The coach must be in good standing with SANAA at the time of the course (recreational membership is accepted).
The following will be expected of coaches who complete the course:
- Completion of The Guardian Safeguarding Awareness Course
- A criminal background check (police clearance)
- A record of the lessons that they have offered over the next couple of months (specifics to be communicated at a later stage)
Please communicate with your club secretary should you be interested in attending this course.